…when its chords are swept by the breeze of kindness. “
I’ve been watching as everyone posts ‘thankful’ updates on their status and blog posts. I have a lot to be thankful for, but I lose sight of that a lot. I look at my life and focus on the struggles. I need to realize that my life has much to be thankful for.
I’m a pretty firm believer in finding joy in little things. My old manager at the retail store I used to work at was teasing me one day about how excited I get over small things by saying “Why do you think I make you set up the men’s side instead of the women’s? You’d be ooing and ahhing over every little thing and trying on all the clothes if you were setting up the women’s side. It would take you forever.” Which is pretty much true haha.
But it’s one thing to find joy in little things, and another to be thankful for all the other things. Especially the trials. It can be so difficult to look at them and be truly and genuinely thankful. This is something the Lord has really been laying on my heart that I need to work on.
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
During the sermon this past Sunday, the pastor said something along the lines of “I am thankful that the tv and cell phones and media can be turned off. And I’m thankful that the stars and moon cannot”
I loved that.
This Thanksgiving I’m thankful for many things. To name a few:
- I’m thankful for my jobs. I nanny two incredibly special and amazing kids. Both of whom I care a great deal about. I also teach piano to some awesome students. Many of which I’ve been teaching for about 2 years and have been able to be there and watch them grow both as students and people. It’s such a blessing.
- I’m thankful for music. It helps me release my emotions and my thoughts and express myself.
- I’m thankful for people who challenge me. Who make me question why I believe what I believe. Which forces me to dig deeper.
- I’m thankful for Tazo Green Tea. It’s what I always drink while I study 😉 yumyum!
- I’m thankful for long talks with the Lord. Those times where you’re laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and just talking and resting in His peace and love.
- I’m thankful for my readers. You encourage me in more ways than you realize and keep me motivated to blog and share my thoughts 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you have the loveliest of days! 🙂